Monday, July 20, 2015

Currently Reading #2!

Hey guys! Welcome back to Ready, Set, Read! Today I'll be talking about what I'm reading right now. I'm actually reading two different novels and a short story collection.

I'm about 70% done with The Journey of the Marked by Rebecca P. McCray. I'm actually struggling to finish this just because I still haven't connected with the characters. The plot is really interesting, I just can't get into it for some reason. As the first book in the Miyran Heir series, the novel follows five main characters as they face an evil government that tries to kill them due to markings on their ear that show that they are warriors. If this sounds interesting, click here to go to the goodreads page.

I'm also reading Deception by C.J. Redwine. This is the second book in a trilogy, and I am loving it so far. Deception follows two main characters, Rachel and Logan and their fight against the leader of the corrupt city-state they live in. The second book is even more high stakes than the first book and it is amazing so far. Defiance is the second book in a trilogy. What I really like about this book is that it doesn't seem like a bridge to the third book, like much books fall to when its the second in a series. I definitely recommend this series to anyone who is looking for a dystopia that is a bit different. Instead of being ultra futuristic, the future governments in these books have reverted back in time when city-states were the most powerful places to be.You can find the goodreads page here. I started reading this around the same time I was reading Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which I just finished yesterday. Opal is the third book in the Lux series. I did really enjoy reading it, but I'm not going to write a review just because my thoughts are about the same as my views about Onyx. You can find my review on Onyx, the second book, here on my blog.

Last but certainly not least, I'm reading The Future Collection, which is a compilation of short stories by Beth Revis. Though I've only read three so far, they are really good. I keep on thinking about them long after I've read them. All of these take place in the future, and all are interesting. While they can be a bit confusing at first, you get the gist once you get into the story.  So far the first three that I have read are darker than I anticipated them to be, but I was blown away by each and every one of them. If you liked Beth Revis' Across the Universe trilogy, for sure check this out. I bought this on my nook for around 2.99, and it is definitely worth it. You can find The Future Collection on goodreads here.

Thanks for visiting! Have you read any of these and what did you think? See you soon in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment