Thursday, November 19, 2015

Book Traveling Thursdays: Book That Deals With War

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm going to be joining in on the weekly meme hosted by Danielle at Shelfies Above Selfies and Catia at The Girl Who Read Too Much.

The idea of this meme is to choose a book that has the characteristic the mods choose and show the original cover and the book from your country. Next, you show your favorite edition of the book, excluding the original one. After all that, you show your least favorite edition.

Today's theme is a book that deals with war because peace day was two days ago!

I picked Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi! I chose this book because while it is not necessarily war ridden, the book definitely is not peaceful! There are several tense relationships in this and battles do occur throughout the series.

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)                  English Covers

I don't necessarily like this cover on the left, but it is the most well known. Some people really love it, but I just don't like people on the covers that much. The second one is a whole other story! It's absolutely love this cover and the color scheme. I like the person on this cover because the person isn't completely exposed so it leaves an aura of mystery. 




Favorite

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)


My favorite is for sure this one! It is absolutely stunning and I just love it. I don't really know why I like it so much, I just do! The typography is really nice and so is the catch line to draw people in. The people aren't real, so I don't mind it. Bonus points that it is an accurate representation of the characters and how they look also!






Least Favorite


Een wereld zonder hemelПод небом, которого нет (Under the Never Sky, #1)Végtelen ég alatt (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Russian                                                     Hungarian                                                   Dutch


Okay, people on covers rarely work but when they do, the outcome is amazing. All three of these are failed attempts. I think my least favorite of these three is the Russian one. While it shows a dome, which is correct to the books, it just looks really cheesy. The girl on the cover looks really strange and it doesn't really give off the feeling of the novel. The Hungarian edition is also pretty bad. I hate the whole entire pose Aria is doing here. Like who actually stands like that? It looks so forced. As for the Dutch cover, it doesn't accurately represent the book at all. If I were to see this cover, I would have thought that the book is sci fi. 


Those are my choices for the day! I had a lot of fun doing this post and was surprised at the variations of covers! Did you guys like this and should I do more?

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 
Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew there were so many covers of this book! I've only seen the first and third one. You're completely right, some of the covers make it seem more like a sci-fi. And I'm too sure about some of the poses, as I don't think it really captures the essence of the book, or Aria, for that matter.
    Great post! :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! It way really eye opening. Apparently Russian covers are known to be bad? But I'm sure there are some gems out there! Yes, Aria isn't portrayed like the strong female she is in the books who stands up for herself either!

      Thanks Erika!!

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete