Sunday, December 6, 2015

Currently Reading #6!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'll be showing you guys what I am currently reading. One novel is an urban young adult fantasy while the other is a contemporary new adult novel.


The new adult I am reading right now isn't as well known compared to my other current read. It is a new adult contemporary romance titled Breathe Into Me and is by Sarah Fawkes. The story revolves around Lacy St. Clair, and her life as it is spilling out of control. All the while, Lacy starts spending time with mysterious boy Everette. He seems to respect her and not only want her for sex, which rarely occurs for her because of her horrible reputation around town. I'm almost done with this book, and it is looking to be a four star read for me. I actually stopped reading so that I could do this post! :D Yes, I do have small problems with inconsistencies in the book, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I love Lacy and Everette together and can't wait to see how the last 30 pages resolves. It isn't necessarily out of the box and life changing, but it is super fun. If you are looking for a quick paced drama filled new adult novel that doesn't make you think too hard, then read this! I'm sure you'll have fun!

The urban fantasy I'm talking about is none other than City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. This is the fourth installment of the Mortal Instruments Series and the fifth novel of Clare's that I have read. I am reading her books in publication order, so next up after this one is the second book in The Infernal Devices trilogy, which began with Clockwork Angel. I was a bit disappointed with the book, but you can find my full thoughts here on my review! I'm just a bit less than a fourth way through right now and I am really liking it so far! What have you guys thought about City of Fallen Angels?

What about you guys? What are you currently reading? Have you read or heard of the two books up above? 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment