Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 2015 Wrap Up!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! This past December, I read 9 books, 1 novella, and 1 bonus short story! I went into a bit of a reading slump past November, so I'm glad I got out of the rut and back into things. I read some really amazing books, and some even made it's way onto my favorites list of 2015! I'll be recapping every book I read in the month and if I did a review, I will link it!

1.)Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes
Rating: 4.25 Stars
Breathe Into Me is a new adult novel that I bought on a whim from Book Outlet. I wasn't expecting much, but this was exactly what I needed. In fact, I read this book in 4 to 5 hours! It was a great stress reliever and the story was just plain old fun. There are some twists and turns throughout the book I was not expecting, which was really refreshing. Check out my review of it here! 

2.) The Crystal Key by Christopher Bailey
Rating: 3 Stars
I read the Crystal Key through a read to review opportunity I had through one of the goodreads groups I am in. While I didn't love the book, it was really fun to read. Though I like science fiction, it is sometimes hard for me to get into, which was the case for this book. About half way through, the book really picked up and I had fun with it. Read my full thoughts here

3.) The Wedding by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This was just a cute little bonus story after the events of the Lux series. It clocked in at eight pages. I can't really give it a rating with it being so short, but make sure to only read this after reading the series beforehand. If you liked the Lux series, you would find this story really cute, like I did.

4.) City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare
Rating: 4 Stars
City of Fallen Angels is the fourth book in the mortal instruments series. I was a bit hesitant to pick this one up after being mildly disappointed by Clockwork Angel. City of Glass, the third book, was my favorite and really blew me away, so I didn't want this one to fall short. Though I didn't like it as much as City of Glass, I really liked it. I appreciated that it wasn't as dark as the others. You can read my full review here.

5.) Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4.25 Stars
6.) Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4.25 Stars
7.) Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4 Stars
All three of these are part of the Dark Elements series by none other than Jennifer L. Armentrout. Armentrout is a great author to read when you are not really sure what to read. Stone Cold Touch and Every Last Breath were the second and third books of the series and concluded the trilogy. Bitter Sweet Love was a prequel novella. To read my thoughts on the whole series, click here!

8.) The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Rating: 5 Stars
Though I had to read The Glass Castle for my AP English class, I was shockingly surprised at how much I loved this book. I don't read too much nonfiction or memoirs, and I was so happy to read something that grabbed my attention. I would recommend this book to anyone. Jeannette Walls' life, especially childhood, is a great story.

9.) Rock Star: The Song by Kate Ward
Rating: 2 Stars
Unfortunately, Rock Star: The Song was another run of the mill freebie on ibooks that just didn't connect with me. The characters were bland and I didn't care about the story. The novel ended a way that was obviously trying to get the reader to buy the next book, and it just didn't work for me. In general, the novel just wasn't compelling enough in order to recommend it to anyone.

10.) Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker
Rating: 4.25 Stars
I feel like if I didn't accidentally spoil myself for the big twist at the end, I would have liked this book a whole lot more. Although I new the plot twist, I still enjoyed the book for what it was and really loved the story. The character development is astounding and if you are new to new adult, I would recommend it. I'm still a beginner at the whole genre, but I really liked this one and I'm looking forward to reading some of the other books in the companion series.

11.) Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Rating: 4.75 Stars
Ugly Love blew me away. I've read a fair share of Colleen Hoover since the start of 2015, but I didn't expect to love this as much as I did. Though Maybe Someday is still my favorite Colleen Hoover book (and new adult book in general) this really sucked me in. I will be doing a review for this soon! In comparison to others, Maybe Someday is my favorite followed by this novel and then Confess, Hopeless, and Slammed.


Other Posts of the Month!

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Novels I'm Looking Forward To!
November 2015 Wrap Up
Book Traveling Thursday: Diverse Book
December 2015 TBR
Currently Reading #6
Top Ten Tuesday: New To Me Authors I Read for the First Time in 2015
Top 5 Wednesday: Retellings
Book Traveling Thursday: Favorite Retelling
Meeting Marissa Meyer!
One Lovely Blog Award!
Black Friday Book Haul!
Book Traveling Thursday: Giving Book
10 Biggest Disappointments of the Year
TBR Jar for 2016!
Movie Review: Vampire Academy
Top 5 Wednesday: Series I Want to Start
Best Surprises of 2015
Least Favorite Books of 2015 Most Anticipated Books for the First Half of 2016
Books That Broke the Trope in 2015


That's a wrap on December 2015! I had some really great reads in the month and posted a lot more than I had anticipated. What were some of the books you have read in December?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

4 comments:

  1. I so want to read Breath into Me and Ugly Love. I'm definitely going to read it this year. Great post!

    -Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poulami! Also, thank you for commenting and visiting so often! It means a lot! :D I hope you love Breathe Into Me and Ugly Love!

      Delete
  2. You did great in December! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete