Monday, February 15, 2016

Currently Reading - Day 21, DIMILY (February 2016)

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be doing my monthly Currently Reading post. 

Right now I am reading 2 different books. I actually just finished reading two books yesterday, so these are really recent reads for me and I have not been able to get a feel for it yet. The first book that I am reading is Day 21. You might be unfamiliar with the title, but I know you recognize this cover! Day 21 is actually the second book of The 100 series  by Kass Morgan. I heard that Bellarke was canon in the series (unlike the TV show), and I am not ashamed to say that is the reason why I picked this book up. Yesterday I finished the first book, and I generally liked it! I'll be doing a series review once I finish this book and then Homecoming, the third and final one. Stay tuned!

Another book that I recently picked up was Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame. I actually have only read a couple pages of this, but I am thinking of getting into it tonight. I've heard amazing things about it, so hopefully I will not be disappointed! The novel follows Eden Munro as she stays with her estranged father for a summer. He has married another women who has three children, and lo and behold, Eden falls for one of her stepbrothers. Now who doesn't love that classic trope?


If I do not pick up Did I Mention I Love You? (which I would be surprised about), I'll be hopefully reading The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. The Sword of Summer is the first book in Rick Riordan's new series following the Gods of Asgard. I don't know anything about Asgard gods except for Thor and Loki, so I am interested to see what I learn! 

So that is what I am currently reading? What are you reading as of now? 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. I still have to read Day 21. I read the first book and have been watching the TV show but I have to say, I like the TV show so much better than the book for some reason so I'm a little hesitant to read the next book. I'm glad you liked it and I look forward to reading your review! Right now, I'm actually going to be starting Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2) and I'm really excited about it! Happy reading :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura!
      I like the TV show a lot more, except this new season has been kind of a letdown so far. Hopefully it will quicken up! I think I like the TV show more because I feel a disconnect with the characters in the books due to the differing POVs. I seriously need to get on that bandwagon! It sounds so good, but I am always hesitant to start fantasy. You too! Hope you enjoy Ice Like Fire! :D

      Delete