Thursday, June 16, 2016

Currently Reading/TBR - Withering Rose, Firstlife, Every Falling Star (June 2016)

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be showing you the books I am currently reading and planning on reading for the remainder of the month!

Just an hour ago, I finished Withering Rose by Kaitlyn Davis. Withering Rose is a Beauty and the Beast retelling and the second book in Davis' Once Upon a Curse series. I never read the first book, but they can be read out of order, so it was fine! I received it via Netgalley and was surprised at how much I liked the novel. It had a perfect mix between the classic Beauty and the Beast fairytale and originality. A full review will be up soon! :D

As of now, I don't have a set plan on what I am reading next. I just got Every Falling Star by Sungju Lee on my Kindle app. I haven't read a memoir in a really long time, so I'm hoping that I will like it! The memoir is about Lee's survival and escape from North Korea. There is so much that I don't know about North Korea, and I'm looking forward to having my eyes opened. 

Another book that I'm "currently reading" is Firstlife by Gena Showalter. I put currently reading in quotation marks because even though I did start reading it a week ago, I haven't picked it up since. There are several books that I've picked up and never finished, including And I Darken by Kiersten White. I'm not considering them DNF's because I plan on finishing them, but the books aren't holding my attention enough.

In other news, I'm less behind in my goodreads goal! By the end of my school year I was eight books behind in my goal of 100, and now just a week later I'm only five books behind! I hope I can get back on track or ahead by the end of the summer!


What are you currently reading? 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

2 comments: