Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #10

Hey everyone and happy New Year! To kick things off this year, I will be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase upcoming releases that we are excited about.

This month I picked Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson!

Here's some stats:
Pages: 320
Publsiher: Scholastic Press
Expected Publication Date: May 30, 2017
On her eighteenth birthday, Princess Evelayn of Eadrolan, the Light Kingdom, can finally access the full range of her magical powers. The light looks brighter, the air is sharper, and the energy she can draw when fighting feels almost limitless.

But while her mother, the queen, remains busy at the war front, in the Dark Kingdom of Dorjhalon, the corrupt king is plotting. King Bain wants control of both kingdoms, and his plan will fling Evelayn onto the throne much sooner than she expected.

In order to defeat Bain and his sons, Evelayn will quickly have to come into her ability to shapeshift, and rely on the alluring Lord Tanvir. But not everyone is what they seem, and the balance between the Light and Dark comes at a steep price.
Why I'm Waiting

I really enjoyed reading Larson's Defy trilogy. While it isn't my favorite  by any means, the books were entertaining and I grew to really care for the characters. I'm really digging this idea of a scheming princess. I'm sure everything will fail miserably one way or another, and I'm in for the ride!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon in another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks really good!! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR :) Hope you enjoy!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I convinced you! I'll be sure to check it out. I just got back from vacation and there are a ton of posts I need to visit, yours included!

      Delete
  2. I love Sara B. Larson! Her books are fantastic. I hope we both love this one when we get a chance to read it.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I have high expectations for this one. :) I'll be sure to visit soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm also anticipating this one! It sounds wonderful and that cover is stunning! Hope we both love this book ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh yes, the cover is eye-catching in all the best ways! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

      Delete
  4. I recently featured this book! I liked Larson's Defy trilogy and I'm sure this new book will be superb, as per her usual. Wonderful choice, Genni! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books keep getting better for me as she continues to publish, and I'm hoping the trend will continue with this. Thanks Alyssa! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but it does sound like it has potential. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's seeming to be under the radar so far! Hopefully it will meet my expectations! :)

      Delete