Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #66

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday, and meme originally created by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Jill hasn't been active for a while, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted it! If you see posts by the name of "Can't Wait Wednesday," it's the same thing!

The book I'm looking forward to this week is Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi!

For Penny Lee high school was a total nonevent. Her friends were okay, her grades were fine, and while she somehow managed to land a boyfriend, he doesn’t actually know anything about her. When Penny heads to college in Austin, Texas, to learn how to become a writer, it’s seventy-nine miles and a zillion light years away from everything she can’t wait to leave behind.

Sam’s stuck. Literally, figuratively, emotionally, financially. He works at a café and sleeps there too, on a mattress on the floor of an empty storage room upstairs. He knows that this is the god-awful chapter of his life that will serve as inspiration for when he’s a famous movie director but right this second the seventeen bucks in his checking account and his dying laptop are really testing him.

When Sam and Penny cross paths it’s less meet-cute and more a collision of unbearable awkwardness. Still, they swap numbers and stay in touch—via text—and soon become digitally inseparable, sharing their deepest anxieties and secret dreams without the humiliating weirdness of having to see each other.

Here are some stats about the book:
Genre - YA Contemporary Romance
Release Date - March 27, 2018
Publisher - Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages -400
Why I'm Waiting
I first saw this on Netgalley when I was perusing Simon and Schuster's selection. I didn't request it, but after seeing the glowing reviews from others who got the ARC, I'm very excited for it now! I just have to read two other ARCs before I get this one, and I have to hold myself back from speed-reading. I love that the idea that Penny and Sam are each other's support, and that it *seems* that this is own-voices. I've been loving reading YA set in college, as I relate to it a lot more than most New Adult books in college. Plus..the cover is so adorable!


Are you looking forward to Emergency Contact?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

12 comments:

  1. I have seen some glowing reviews for this book, and I can`t wait for its release date.

    Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my kind of read but I hope you will positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Hopefully I'll get to it in March. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds cute, and I can totally relate to finding it easier to talk to someone through text or email than in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can too! Sometimes meeting face to face is stressful.

      Delete
  4. I haven’t heard of this one, but it does sound good. Thanks for sharing and I hope you like it when you get to read it. 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! If you ever pick it up, I'd love to know your thoughts!

      Delete
  5. I think we need more YA set in college, and this one sounds awesome. I love that they connect and share without actually seeing each other, sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I heard that the book gets pretty heavy, but I'm still really interested. :)

      Delete
  6. There definitely needs to be more YA set in college. I went through college and there was only NA which is basically all romance (just at a New Adult age level). OMG this cover is so fitting, LOL. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, I would hate that. I've read some NA set in college, and it is nothing like my college experience. I don't remember the book, but there was this one hwere there was this hot shot in college, and all the girls lusted after him. At least with my experience, the only well known people are basketball players, and everyone else just sticks to their group. Also, there isn't that clique mentality that is usually found in NA either!

      Thank Alyssa! You too. :)

      Delete